Aspen University Announces New Doctoral Degree in School of Nursing
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Online Degree Program Will Prepare Advanced Practice Nurses and Educators for Senior Leadership Positions
NEW YORK, July 11, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aspen Group, Inc. (OTCQB:ASPU), a post-secondary education company, today announced Aspen University’s launch of the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Leadership online degree program. The DNP degree is designed to be a practice-focused program that combines a scholarly approach to the discipline of nursing. The program prepares advanced practice nurses and educators to lead their organizations and the next generation of nurses.
The DNP online degree program is a 42-credit hour program that offers a unique mix of immersion experiences and an evidence-based project. Students are required to complete 1,000 clinical practice immersion hours. The DNP in Leadership program goals include:
- Evaluate scientific underpinnings for practice and create a theoretical framework based on research;
- Improve the quality of nursing practice, by using leadership strategies and systems thinking, to lead organizations to change;
- Analyze clinical scholarship and analytical methods to provide a foundation for evidence-based practice;
- Critique information systems and patient-care technology to improve and transform health care;
- Advocate for improved health care policy;
- Collaborate with professionals in other disciplines to improve patient and population health outcomes;
- Create innovations for prevention of disease and improvement of population health.
“Aspen University wants to make a difference in nursing practice and the DNP is a natural progression for MSN graduates who want to impact the future of nursing through their scholarship and innovative solutions for transforming the future of health care,” said Dr. St. Arnauld, Aspen Group, Inc.’s Chief Academic Officer.
About Aspen Group, Inc. (OTCQB:ASPU)
Aspen Group, Inc. is a post-secondary education company. Aspen University’s mission is to offer any motivated college-worthy student the opportunity to receive a high quality, responsibly priced distance-learning education for the purpose of achieving sustainable economic and social benefits for themselves and their families. Aspen is dedicated to providing the highest quality education experiences taught by top-tier faculty; 57% of Aspen University’s faculty hold doctoral degrees. To learn more about Aspen, visit www.aspen.edu.
Company Contact: Aspen Group, Inc. Michael Mathews, CEO 914-906-9159Source: Aspen Group, Inc.
Released July 11, 2017